Friday, April 25, 2008

Stepping Out of the Boat

With the prospect of Jeff maybe not going to medical school, we've been praying about "what to do next". Sure, we could be content with the way things are/have been, with my working full-time for a wonderful ministry while Jeff teaches and goes to school, but it seems like we can do so much more. We have some dear friends who have recently moved into a community to become foster parents and from the start this is something I KNEW I needed to be a part of - somehow. We were in the process of applying to be approved respite care workers for a few of the families out there when the conviction was overwhelming that we needed to become foster parents as well. I don't think I've ever had my heart broken as much as it has just thinking about these children without a family.

Please keep us in your prayers as we go through the process to see if this is a good fit for our family. There are a few details that God will work out if this is His will.

"I assure you, when you did it to one of the least of these....you were doing it to me." Matt 25:40

3 comments:

mom of 3, hater of cheese and birds said...

I have a van full of booster seats waiting for you!

chona said...

I think you'll need yours for a while longer, plus you never know if you'll have a full "six pack" of Cokes in the future. I also doubt we'll get any babies...

Unknown said...

This is something I have been praying about too! That is crazy that you mentioned it. I would love to talk with you more about this at the retreat. My thing is that I want JM to be excited about it too and I am not sure if he will or not.