Thursday, April 10, 2008

About Me

Inspired by my sis-in-law's blog, here it goes...

What was I doing 10 years ago...
Preparing for Jeff's Grandma to move in with us from California - she was 85, had broken her ankle and could no longer care for herself. I was working part-time as a bookkeeper and had 2 kids. I now have 3 kids and Grandma moved into a nursing home a little over a year ago due to Alzheimer's. This year she turns 95!

On my to-do list today...
it's already been a busy day, but I hope to get one more reminder out to my teams, fold that laundry that's been moved from bed to chair in our room all week, and complete a roman shade. (that's in addition to the normal mommy tasks we all have each night)

Snacks I enjoy...
Chick-Fil-A Brownies and Tea

Things I would do if I was a billionaire...
pray about what to do with it - would definitely include LOTS of giving and mission support. and of course, get rid of our garage sale cars! :)

Three BAD habits...
1. saying what's on my mind too quickly
2. waiting until the last minute to finish something
3. not saying NO enough

Five places I've lived... (most recent on)
1. Sugar Land/Richmond/Missouri City/Houston
2. San Antonio
3. Maryland
4. Iceland
5. Florida

Five Jobs I've had...
1. Area Director for CARES by Apartment Life
2. Seamstress of Custom Draperies
3. Various Administrative Assistant/Executive positions for different industries
4. Bookkeeper
5. Data Processor/Computer Operator in the Navy (worked at NSA, where Jeff & I met!)

2 comments:

mom of 3, hater of cheese and birds said...

What?? You say no to me all the time! :)

Caryn said...

Hi!
I'm so glad you visited my blog and left a comment. I've been wanting to talk to you about your window treatments that you make. Do you happen to make them for far away customers:-)? I DEFINITELY need some! Let me know by email. My address is my first & last name then @comcast.net or you can ask Christina for it. Thanks!