Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Drop that Diet Coke!

My husband recently shared this SHOCKING study on Aspartame (by VICTORIA INNESS-BROWN, M.A.) with me and I feel it's too important NOT to share! Aspartame is an artificial sweetner found in Equal, NutraSweet and used in many sugar-free or diet foods.
Please go to http://www.myaspartameexperiment.com/ to see the full study and more photos.

I know alot of sugar free and diet foods/drinks are now being made with Splenda - this would be a preferred alternative over Aspartame or sugar, unless anyone knows of health concerns regarding its use.
Jeff is always researching the benefits of eating healthy, so I will try to share some more studies in future postings.

5 comments:

chona said...

by the way, sites like snopes try to discount this type of research with testimony from the FDA or beverage companies, but who are you going to believe? http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

mom of 3, hater of cheese and birds said...

That's why I'm such a fan of regular coke.... :) thanks for sharing, we all need to be drinking more water. sigh, myself included.

chona said...

Caryn also made me aware of something I hadn't thought about - the aspartame found in the sugarless bubble gum I always use. I then realized it's also in the Crystal Lite that I use sometimes...it's everywhere. We are reading labels so much more now to avoid putting these deadly chemicals into our bodies. So in our house, no more MSG and no Aspartame!

Jen said...

dang it, I just had a HUGE diet coke!!!
ok its back to water for me.
thanks for posting that!

chona said...

it is truly a false sense of security we have to consume and give our children "sugar free" foods, when in return, we are poisoning our bodies! water is best, and everything else in moderation.