Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Something's Not Right...



All you have to do is look at the picture to see that something's not right with my leg just below the knee. I told the doctor about it a few weeks ago and he even x-rayed both legs to compare, but he said it looked fine in the x-ray. I think this may be the source of some continued pain & discomfort (although I'm not off of pain meds long enough to find out). I'll bring it up again at my visit today, but I thought I'd see if you all see what's obvious to me?

UPDATE 6/6: The results of the MRI showed a lot of bruising on the bones (I didn’t know bones can get bruised!), but no dislocation of the Fibula (the smaller outside bone on the lower leg). There may be some shifting of the Tibia, so I’m scheduled to take yet another CT Scan to clarify. Doc was concerned of the lack of ability to flex my foot so it’s not in a “pointed” position, so no physical therapy. I will be slowly working daily on getting my foot flat myself. I’m to wear my heavy, uncomfortable boot cast every day all day. If I’m unable to get my foot flat within the next 10 days, then the doc will have to do it and put a hard cast on it when my incision is healed.

9 comments:

Jen said...

whats the verdict?
could it just be muscle deterioration due to lack of use?

chona said...

hey! that sounds like something my husband would say (who's been trying to get me to exercise forever). I had an MRI yesterday and will find out Friday. Since there's not extreme pain, they're ruling out a dislocated fibula. Hopefully it's just bruised and swollen.

mom of 3, hater of cheese and birds said...

I think dislocated fibula could be "popped" back into place by your doc and will not require another surgery. After he pops it back though, you will have to put some ham on it to ensure quick wrecovery....

Unknown said...

Wow - and I thought I had it bad here in Iraq. If there's one thing I've learned, it's to keep your bones intact and in the right place. But just in case, I am Combat Lifesaver certified, so I can take care of that if it happens to me. :)
I miss you and the AL family!
SGT McKinnis

chona said...

Man - I need to stop whining, especially when there are soldiers like Clayton are away serving our country while their babies are growing up and their wives are patiently waiting! Thanks for all you do, Clayton!

Anonymous said...

I don't know you Clayton, but Thank you! Chona, I was praying for you while sweeping the kitchen the other night! Don't know what the two have in common, just that's when I get to be by myself for a bit and have a few thoughts!

chona said...

Thanks, Terri! I appreciate that! A comment about my nickname, Chona - I had a nephew YEARS ago who could not say aunt Sonya, so Chona it was. A little term of endearment from my sweet hubby. Thank you for the reminder that we should pray without ceasing. 1 Thessalonians 5:17

Anonymous said...

Cute about the name! I don't really know you, I've heard Glenn mention "Sonya", then wondered how it worked with Chona! I just assumed it was some wonderful, exotic spelling from an interesting family heritage!

Anonymous said...

Oh, and if you need to fill your time while healing, go to www.stuffchristianslike.blogspot.com...funny stuff! You know, laughter heals!