Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Orderly Chaos

My sister in law (and my daughter Sarah) are my main inspirations for creating this blog; she really really wanted me to create one, or she threatened to do it herself. For those of you who know us, we do have a few things in common - like having the same sister & mother -in-law, but that's pretty much it.

I'm in a great season of my life right now - my kids are old enough and trained up so they are making good choices and are trustworthy. I love babies, but that season of life is - well, exhausting. I'm blessed to be married to someone who is not only a good husband but a great father, so he was always there to help during those sleepless nights (and still is when the kids get sick or have a nightmare).

Currently Jeff is working hard to try to get into medical school. It's something he's wanted to do for the almost 20 years we've been married. He's really convicted that this will give him skills to use to serve others in a practical way and help people in countries that are closed off to Christians. He is currently a full time student at UHV-Sugar Land, taking his classes at night and substitute teaching during the day. This year is our last attempt to get into med school - we're waiting to hear back from a few out of state schools and should know by this Spring, hopefully.

These past few years God has really taught me alot about contentment, patience and priorities. With Jeff in school full time I needed to go back to work full time, and any of you with kids knows what a challenge that can be, especially with one in Elementary, Middle and High School. I have the incredible blessing to work for an organization that allows me to work primarily from home, and most of my time out in the field can be scheduled when the kids are in school.

God is so good - he prepared us for this season of our lives by teaching us contentment and giving me patience. He blesses our family with all that we need and gives us incredible health. I will try to keep those of you who are interested updated on the med. school process and other topics that have helped me become the person I am.

5 comments:

mom of 3, hater of cheese and birds said...

So admit it.. this blog was a good idea and I WAS RIGHT!!!

Morgan said...

welcome to blog world!!

Jen said...

welcome.

chona said...

okay, hungarian - I WILL admit that this was a good idea and you were RIGHT. If you promise to not keep saying "I told you so" I promise to not make fun of your cooking... Never mind - I can live with your gloating! :)

Unknown said...

I love it!!! I am excited for you. I have a blog too and it is a great outlet for me! I use it to help me get things done, or maybe I waste so much time on it, it doesn't help me. I don't know. Could go either way! :) Can't wait to read more posts.