Monday, July 21, 2008

Fostering/Moving Update

Well, we had our home study this past Friday. Part of it, anyway... Apparently, some questions need to wait until we complete some training next week. If our training goes as planned, we should be licensed by the first week of August.

Although we started the foster care licensing in April, the process has been slow for us. In part was because of my broken ankle in May, but we were back on track in June, about the same time our current landlord gave us our move out notice for the end of July because she didn't want to continue our month to month option. We were confident that our licensing would be complete by then and we'd be ready to move about that time anyway. Well, here we are, about 10 days to be out of our home and no license. Thank God for friends like ours, we have a couple of offers from friends who have plenty of room, so unless we get permission to move in to our new home early (before we are licensed), we will be staying with friends for a couple of weeks.

We had a big moving sale this past weekend and the moving pod will be delivered tomorrow, so whether we're ready or not, we're packing our stuff away! I enjoy the part of moving when you purge the things you no longer need/want and have to evaluate whether something is worth the trouble of packing. We definitely have too much stuff. I mean, we, as all of us.

I'm grateful that my ankle is healing well and I can get around with my walking cast, I was even able to serve in the church's nursery today for the first time since the injury - I was not able to easily get on/off the floor til now. I can't image getting through all this alone, but without my amazing family, friends, co-workers and most of all, an amazing God, HIS timing was perfect and I trust HIM to bring healing to my body and refreshment to my bones (Proverbs 3:5 & 8)

1 comment:

Jen said...

glad you are so close to being done. just our fire inspection is lacking...then home study!